I’m so pleased to have 13 more authors visiting this week. I am having the most fun prying into their lives and learning all about these people, most of whom I’ve only met online. What fun to put some faces to some of my favorite authors! I hope you enjoy this list of 13 as much as do!
1. Adele Dubois
Adele is a former journalist and political columnist who currently writes romantic fiction. The characters in her books are much easier to manage than the subjects of her gritty political columns. Both Adele and her characters are living Happily Ever After.
2. Melinda Elmore
Melinda Elmore has been happily married to her wonderful husband for 21 years and they have 2 beautiful children. She is a freelancer for the Navajo/Hopi Observer. Her first book “Native Dreams” was published in July 2008. She is currently working on a non-fiction book and the sequel to “Native Dreams”
3. Cheryl Pierson
Cheryl Pierson is a born and bred Oklahoma girl who writes historical western romance as well as contemporary action romance. She lives in Oklahoma City, OK, with her husband of 30 years and has 2 grown children. She teaches writing classes and has her own editing business. Her debut novel, Fire Eyes, was released this past May through the Wild Rose Press.
4. Anthony Stevens
Anthony is an olde pharte technogeek, writer, photographer, leathercrafter, Dom, car nut, SCAdian history freak, costumer, scale modeler and graphics enthusiast. He writes Urban Fantasy, Erotica and Alternate History.
5. Rachel Brimble
Rachel lives in the UK, just a thirty minute drive from the famous Georgian city of Bath. She has two romantic suspense novels published with The Wild Rose Press and a romantic comedy due out by the end of the year.
6. Jennifer Linforth
If one is going to query a publisher Jennifer suggests not doing so in pink ink. Her first written when she was 12 was nothing if not colorful. She is a writer of historical fiction and romance and an active member of the Romance Writers of America and the Historical Novel Society. She cannot pronounce pistachio, hates lollipops with gooey centers and dearly loves to laugh.
7. Ericka Scott
Ericka Scott is a multi-published, bestselling author of seductive suspense. When she’s not chauffeuring children around, wishing she had a maid, or lurking at the library, she’s spinning her own web of fantasy and penning tales of seduction and suspense.She currently lives in Southern California with her husband and three children. (**NOTE: Ericka just offered a print copy of her “The Werewolf Whisperer” book just out from Phaze to one lucky commenter**)
8. Keta Diablo
Keta is the author of numerous historical erotica novels and gay fiction novellas. She makes her home in the Midwest portion of this great country. In her spare time (spare time?) she loves to commune with nature on six acres of towering pines and massive oaks. She lives in harmony with loons (the winged version), owls and eagles and nurtures an abiding love for all animals.
9. Lisa Logan
Lisa Logan is a native Southern Californian, and the author of VISIONS and A GRAND SEDUCTION, as well as an award-winning shorty story author. She is also the Senior Acquisitions Editor for Eternal Press Publishing.
10. Hailey Edwards
Hailey has been married ten years to a man who proposed after knowing her for nine days. Sometimes fate gets it right. She is a stay at home mom with one daughter whose intelligence is baffling considering her parentage. Her hobbies include baking, reading, and anything involving power tools. She writes dark fantasy and paranormal romance.
11. Jeanne St. James
Jeanne lives up on the side of a mountain in south central Pennsylvania and began writing before she was a teenager. She loves to write hot steamy contemporary romances, usually about men in uniform. She has an upcoming release from Liquid Silver Books called Banged Up, in which the hero is an FBI agent.
12. Julie Lence
Julie is the author of 2 western romances, Luck of the Draw and Lady Luck. Both are e-books and Lady Luck was just released in print form. She is a stay-at-home mom devoted to her family and enjoying a career in writing romance.
13. Kayelle Allen
Kayelle’s universe is deep, full of layers, hidden immortals, and clandestine aides who help them. If you like stories that allow you to be a slave in one book and an empress in another, whether gay or straight, you’ll love her books.
And I’d hate to leave these authors without some company on Thursday (besides, you know you’re expecting a little something something in the form of eye candy … you don’t fool me!) And I didn’t want to forget our male guest this week … I added a special picture of me. 😉
Summer is a lazy time for me. It shouldn’t be, goodness knows I have enough books to write, but it is. Especially this week with the holiday! So I
begged, cajoled, misled, imposed on a few authors to send me their images and a little bio so I could be lazy and not think about lists of 13 things throughout the summer. And they came through! All they needed to do was provide me with a bio and a picture. And the picture was key! I wanted to SEE who they were. Well, there’s some pretty creative SHY authors out there. I love these pictures! So here’s my first list (in no particular order) of 13 authors I know …
Mima rearranges her perennial garden in a small village on the Erie Canal. She is a teacher-librarian to one thousand delightful children, and string partner to a wee black cat. Visit her website (MimaWithin.com) for excerpts of her 10 erotic romances.
2. Ashlyn Chase
Ashlyn Chase describes herself as an Almond Joy bar. A little nutty, a little flaky, but basically sweet, wanting only to give her reader’s a scrumptious reading experience. She writes hot romantic comedy and lives in beautiful NH with her real-life hero and a spoiled brat cat.
3. Pat Brown
Born in one of the coldest cities in Canada Pat escaped at 22, fleeing to Los Angeles. Her adventures there led to L.A. Heat (2006) which Mark Richard Zubro said “This is the best gay mystery I have read in years. It is a first-rate thriller with heart-stopping action.
Ever since she can remember, Michelle had a strange fascination with anything historical or supernatural–ghosts, magical powers, and oh! vampires. What could be more alluring than being immortal, all-powerful, and eternally beautiful? Michelle M Pillow, Author of All Things Romance, is a multi-published, award winning author writing in many romance fiction genres.
Dorothy McFalls resides in an artsy beach community in South Carolina with her sexy sculptor husband and their cat-like dog (Abu) and not so new puppy (Iona) and new kitten (Suki). An environmental urban planner by profession and wildlife biologist by education, she gave up her day job to devote her time to writing in 2001. When not boogie boarding or walking her dogs on the beach, she writes romantic adventure fiction, Regency romances, and short stories.
6. Kate George
Having worked at a number of jobs ranging from Senior Assistant to the Dean of a Medical School to Actor/Booking Agent in outdoor theatre troop, Ms George has plenty of experience to give authenticity to her characters. In fact, the idea for Moonlighting began formulating while she was working as a evening turndown maid at an exclusive resort for people with more money than sense. The layout was perfect for a crime of passion, but as she didn’t want to spend life in prison, she decided writing about murder would be a wiser choice than committing one.
7. Susan Vaughan
Award-winning author Susan Vaughan loves writing romantic suspense because it throws the hero and heroine together under extraordinary circumstances and pits them against a clever villain. Reviewers have called her books fast-paced, thrilling, action-packed, sizzling, and highly emotional. She lives on the coast of Maine with her husband and dog.
8. Robie Madison
Award-winning author Robie Madison pursues her own adventures traveling around the world. When at home, she writes about men and women who aren’t afraid to take risks for love. When she’s not traveling or writing, she can be found teaching writing courses online.
9. Kris Eton
Kris lives in the middle of nowhere with 2 kids, 1 dog, and 1 cat. In order to combat the isolation, she must create hot sexy books. Her other interests include baking and eating her baking, watching movies & tv, and reading too much historical romance.
10. Sandra Sookoo
Sandra Sookoo is an author of romance. Her portfolio includes historical, contemporary, and paranormal romance.
11. Margay Leah Justice
Margay Leah Justice is the author of Nora’s Soul, the first in a series of books called The Dante Chronicles. She lives in Massachusetts with her two daughters and two cats – five females under one roof!
12. Shelley Munro
Shelley Munro lives in New Zealand with her husband and a bossy dog. She writes hot and spicy adventures, usually set in her home country of New Zealand.
13. Kelley Heckart
Kelley writes Celtic romances for Awe-Struck and Freya’s Bower. Her lifelong passion for Celtic mythology and storytelling inspired her to write novels with fierce warriors, bold women and otherworldly creatures.
And what would a Thursday Thirteen be at Around the Writer’s Block without a couple of wet men to keep these authors company?
This week I’ve enlisted more of my author friends who have agreed to let me post their pictures. I hope some of these are your favorite authors. (Please note: If you click on their name it will take you to their website.) It’s always fun to see if their image matches your imagination. So without further adieu, here they are …
1. Cindy Kirk is a member of Maine Romance Writers even though she lives in Nebraska. (She can’t resist the lure of the Atlantic ocean and lighthouses.) She is a multi-published author with Harlequin and Avon. Her most recent release, One Night Stand was released in May 2008.
2. AJ Matthews is one of two guys who boldly went where most men won’t venture … my blog! And happy me! AJ came in a kilt! He’s such a good sport. AJ lives on the other side of the pond and he is multi-published with Loose-Id and Liquid Silver Books. He writes paranormal erotic romance. Hot stuff!
3. Celine Chatillon designed a cartoon image of herself. She’s really into making wonderful comics. Celine is a multi-published erotic author with Mojocastle Press, eXtasy, and Liquid Silver Books. Her newest release, Beautiful Dreamer is a summer 2008 release from Liquid Silver.
4. Jennifer Leeland is my latest release buddy! (Sorry, Jen at the last minute, I saved both our dignity and didn’t post the other picture! LOL!) I love her. She makes me laugh all the time. She is multi-published with Whiskey Creek, Cobblestone Press, The Wild Rose Press, and of course, Liquid Silver Books. Her latest release, Resisting Command, is the second in her science fiction/erotica/BDSM “Command” series and has earned several wonderful reviews.
5. Nina Mamone is a member of the Maine Romance Writers and a really good friend! (She did some major brainstorming with me on my first shifter story … mwah!) Her debut novella, Hard to Guard is available through Samhain Publishing. It just came out in print this spring and is available in the I Dream of Dragons Anthology – Volume Two.
7. Roscoe James’ hawt debut novel Deer Run Falls was released this week from Liquid Silver Books. He’s got several more releases coming down the pike, including White Swan, a July release from Liquid Silver. The man looks all lawyer-like in this picture … but don’t let that fool you. Give him some Master’s (bourbon) and a kilt and the man is hanging from the chandelier. Trust me … I’ve witnessed the transformation myself! Congrats again Roscoe! *Note: Roscoe was going to show up here in his kilt … but Jen wore it home from his release party.
8. Teagan Oliver is a member of Maine Romance Writers. Two words sum up Teagan … “Road Trip!” The woman will pile into the car and drive hours with no particular destination. Yes, she is slightly touched. She is multi-published with Five Star and Wings E-Press. Obsidian, her romantic suspense novel will be re-released in large print in October.
9. Xandra Gregory writes erotic science fiction for Liquid Silver Books. If you ask her about being a writer and about writing in general … she’ll tell you … and tell you … and tell you … oh, sorry, I nodded off. No, just kidding. That’s from Xandra’s own words … she’ll talk about writing to just about anyone!
Obviously, that’s not her real picture. She just mentioned her hair got out of control and she felt like that. Here’s Xandra …
10. Roxy Harte lives in Ohio with her wonderful husband and daughter (and another daughter, son-in-law, and grandchild down the road). Roxy is a multi-published erotic romance author with Loose-Id and Liquid Silver Books. Her very hawt stories about the BDSM lifestyle have garnered some wonderful reviews. She is my go-to author when I need help or reference material. Her newest release Unholy Promises – Chronicles of Surrender is a summer 2008 release with Liquid Silver Books.
11 Darragha Foster (who looks a whole lot like her wild great-grandmother) is another multi-published author with Liquid Silver Books. She writes fantastic stories a little (okay waaay) out of the box. Her latest release Teaching Old Gods New Tricks was recently released in print! Darragha is wonderful with tarot cards and will happily do a reading for you. (Click on the above link for all the details.)
12. KA Mitchell never really grew up and that’s why she sent this picture! She’s another one of those authors who found Maine Romance Writers and joined our crazy ranks … even though she lives in another state 4 hours away! (Hey I live in Maine and I’m 4 hours from the meetings!) Ms. Mitchell is multi-published in M/M erotica with Samhain publishing. Her latest release Diving in Deep was a red-hot release in March of 2008.
13. Jeanne Barrack couldn’t find a picture of herself so she sent this avatar. I was dying to know what she looks like … but I can’t have everything … even if it is my blog *stomps foot*. Oh, sorry, hissy fit over. Back to Jeanne. She’s multi-published with Loose-Id and Liquid Silver Books. She’s currently working on a sequel in the Terran Realm series. Jeanne loves Irish folk lore and her knowledge comes through in her stories. (I also understand she’s a wonderful singer … but she has brought her guitar over here yet!)
So there, you have it …
Seems I ran out of room on this Thursday Thirteen…
I wouldn’t do that to you twice …
Actually, the pictures are misnumbered…
the thirteenth picture is …