This week while I’m taking a break from all the reconstruction (I think I actually can see the end coming very soon), I thought I’d share one of my favorite lists, this time from Andy Rooney. Here are some quotes of his that I found and thought they were very sage advice.
1. I’ve learned…. That the best classroom in the world is at the feet of an elderly person.
2. I’ve learned… That when you’re in love, it shows.
3. I’ve learned…. That having a child fall asleep in your arms is one of the most peaceful feelings in the world.
4. I’ve learned…. That no matter how serious your life requires you to be, everyone needs a friend to act goofy with.
5. I’ve learned…. That simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.
6. I’ve learned… That we should be glad God doesn’t give us everything we ask for.
7. I’ve learned…. That you should never say no to a gift from a child.
8. I’ve learned…. That love, not time, heals all wounds.
9. I’ve learned…. That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.
10. I’ve learned…. That opportunities are never lost; someone will take the ones you miss.
11. I’ve learned…. That one should keep his words both soft and tender, because tomorrow he may have to eat them.
12. I’ve learned…. That I can always pray for someone when I don’t have the strength to help him in some other way.
13, I’ve learned …. that nobody’s perfect until you fall in love with them. (And sometimes we fall in love because they’re perfect!)