I’m so excited! Lynda at Simply Romance Reviews has taken time to read and review the whole Tilling Passions series! Thank you Lynda!
Not only did she read them, but she loved them! Yay! Just what every writer wants to hear about their babies! If you want to see the reviews in their entirety, scroll down the sidebar until you reach “A review for Tilling Passions” and click on the three separate links for the books. But let me give you just a taste of what she thought of them.
First off, she gave all the books and Outstanding Read!
I enjoyed Blind Love immensely. Nina Pierce has a wonderful style to her writing, she hooks you before you know it and then sweet talks you until the last page. Even knowing that there were two more books in the series I was sorry to see this story come to an end. Blind Love is a perfect balance of steamy love and suspense. I definitely recommend it.
These two are amazing together, actually too hot to handle, they burn up the sheets wherever they are. You’ll definitely need a cool drink after reading one of their steamy encounters. But before Love’s Bounty is over there will be more twists to keep you on your toes until get to the end of the ride – um I mean story. Even though this is second in the series it can stand alone without a problem but I would definitely suggest picking up the entire series!
You can’t ask for a better wrap up to this series. I was impressed with the twists Nina Pierce injected into this story. As the saying goes, “I didn’t see that coming!” I like that she has sweet and innocent Meghan go over to the dark side – at least in the bedroom. The hedonistic scenes where Peter shows his dominance are quite exhilarating. Arranging Love can be read as a stand alone book, but I really do recommend that you read the entire series. After finishing all three I think one story was better than the next, and I will be sad to say goodbye.
Yep, I’m snoopy dancing all over the place!
Thank you again, Lynda.
I love making book trailers. And in case you’re surfing the Internet and looking for a little something to entertain, here are the three trailers for my books. Enjoy 😀
Blue Moon Rising:
object width=”425″ height=”344″>The Healer’s Garden:
I love to write. Really I do. Okay, so not every day, but hey, it’s a job and everyone hates their job a couple times a month.
But then there are the days when everything comes together, the stars align, the characters promise to behave, settings pop off the page and your prose just shines! I love those days. It’s during those times I come up with some gems that make their way to the pages of my books.
So this list is 13 of my favorite lines from my books.
1. But damn, he’d been treading water a hell of a long time while he waited for destiny to change the course of his life.
2. “Are you finished speculating? Because I can tell you the facts if you’re interested or I can just wait here while you try to attempt to put together a puzzle with missing pieces.” He lifted a shoulder. “Either way I’m good.”
3. “A man intent on conquering a woman and adding her to his proverbial notched belt holds no credibility with someone as innocent as Julie.”
4. Damon laughed and held his hands up. “I’ll go willingly. Please, just promise you’ll hurt me.”
5. The hurt tumbled over anger, rolling into an emotional snowball that plunged headlong without regret into Meghan’s feelings.
6. He’d abandoned all pretense and now was as focused on getting laid as he was on collecting information from the bimbo. He figured she swung whichever way the wind was blowing. And the way he was feeling, he hoped she’d think a monsoon had swept in her direction when he found her.
7. Biting back a smile, Ayden watched her glistening tears turn into fury. That he could handle. An angry woman was one hundred times easier to placate than a despondent one.
8. Her long, muscular legs that he’d admired in the great room, started somewhere around her neck.
9. Peter wasn’t sure if the guilt weighed on his facial features like it did on his heart.
10. Heat flushed her cheeks. “Peter, making love in the kitchen is one thing. But playing tortured slave girl to your master fetish, well … I’m just not sure that’s something well-adjusted adults do.”
Blue Moon Rising
11. Jayda Kynslan sauntered into the Whip and Bull Tavern wanting only two things: a cold beer and a hot cock.
12. Men, she’d come to believe, were nothing but scumbags of trouble on the garbage heap of misery.
Shadows of Fire
13. Firemen fought fires as a team. They hung by their balls as a team. Go team!
So, I’m at it again. Editing my book, Blue Moon Rising.
I don’t know if I’m odd for a writer, but I will admit … I love the editing phase of writing a book. Blue Moon Rising is the fifth story I have had to plow through and fix.
I’ve heard rumors that some authors don’t care for this process. That they actually detest getting the edited manuscript back. But (knock on wood) not me.
I’d like to say I’ve been fortunate so far and haven’t had to do any rewrites, but the fact is, if I really think about it–I did. Arranging Love, the final book in the Tilling Passions series required some “tweaking”. There’s an interesting dance between what appears to be happening and what is truly happening in the story. In order to mislead the reader (sorry people, but that’s what suspense is all about *rubs hands together* Mwahahahaha) I worded things a particular way. But the first time around, it didn’t work quite right. So I rewrote several scenes, choosing my words more carefully.
The senior editor then passed the book onto my editor. A lovely woman, Jean Cooper, who scrutinized each line of dialogue in these pivotal scenes veeery carefully. Then there was more rewriting and back to Jean. And so it went back and forth two or three times until everything sat just right with both Jean and me.
It was an amazing process and one I know made the book stronger. It was also a wonderful learning tool that will help me make my writing better.
I trust my editor completely. After three books together, she knows me and my writing. When something just doesn’t ring true, or the quality is lacking … she calls me on it. And I could kiss her for it. (Jean’s also forgiven me on my total inability to have a clue with commas. To make her life easier, I should just stop using them and let her just add them to my manuscript. She basically does it anyway. They’re never in the right place. Ah, but I digress…)
We’ve now started edits for Blue Moon Rising. Are there problems? … you betcha! Does it mean fixing scenes and some rewriting? Oh yeah! Am I the least bit insulted or hurt that she doesn’t quite like the wording in this dialogue or the way a character is thinking through the scene? Not even sort of.
I love rising to the challenge of making my stories tight, steamy and with a flow that keeps my readers coming back for more.
With my editor’s help, I’m not slapping on a bandaid and glossing over the problem. I’m stitching up the manuscript to make it … alllll better! 😀
All I can say is thank you for editors like Jean. I can’t imagine where my stories would be without her!
I’m so excited, Elisa Rolle has been kind enough to interview me for her blog “Rosa is for Romance”. I’m so excited as she translated everything into Italian as well!
She did such a nice job.
Click HERE to see the interview and feel free to leave a comment to know you stopped by!
The last novella in the Tilling Passions series, ARRANGING LOVE, is out today! June 30th. Yippee!
And don’t be jealous, but the first copy, hot off the press goes to Mima Dixon who has a part (or two) in this story!
Here’s the back cover blurb:
He never believed love was unconditional. She never expected the ties that bind would be found at the end of a flogger …
ARRANGING LOVE, the final novella in the Tilling Passions series, finds florist, MEGHAN TILLING, questioning the true impetus for her fiancé’s frequent business seminars and sudden interest in bondage. Could her sisters be right in claiming Peter’s out-of-town trips have more to do with clandestine meetings rather than work commitments? Should Meghan let go of decorum and allow herself the pleasures of deviant sex?
PETER MADDOCK loves his fiancée, but when an online Dominatrix awakens the darker side of his sexual fantasies, he can’t help but seek her out at a private BDSM party. When several accidents threaten Meghan’s life, Peter fears he’s opened their lives to a stalker. Will he be able to protect his fiancée without revealing secrets that may threaten everything and everyone he’s come to love?
Can Peter and Meghan explore their innermost desires and discover the answers to her father’s illness … all without losing their lives?
~*~*~ And an EXCERPT from Chapter One:~*~*~
Meghan Tilling blew out a puff of frustration, sending wisps of chestnut curls out of her face. Straightening, she pressed fists into her lower back, working out the tension hours of floral arranging had knit into her muscles.
Usually, she loved the holiday season: long hours filling orders and delivering flower arrangements to smiling customers, the bustle of shoppers in the stores, the smell of balsam and cinnamon wafting about the floral shop of Tilling Gardens and Plants that she co-owned with her sisters, and the joy of being with her family. Normally all of the busy-ness combined to make her warm with nostalgia and giddy with anticipation, but not this year.
She couldn’t enjoy any of it. Not with her father so sick and Peter’s promotion. It all just sucked.
Her misery had worked itself into a throb that pounded in her temples with the rhythm of the hard-rock music blaring from the radio at the end of the workbench. And though it sent spasms of dull pain shooting behind her eyes, Meghan couldn’t bring herself to shut it off. Without it, silence would surround her like an unwelcome chill, opening her heart to the loneliness, and she’d find it impossible to go home to an empty house–again.
She stared at her reflection in the dark window over the bench. Despair stared back at her.
Even though she couldn’t see outside, Meghan knew the snow still fell. The Thanksgiving blizzard that began last week heralded the beginning of a very long winter. Well, officially November still counted as fall, but not here in Maine. In her hometown of Delmont, winter began with the first gentle snow flakes and ended when the last snow bank finally turned to mud–usually around Easter.
This year, winter had arrived with a vengeance, pummeling New England with back-to-back storms that had knocked out power and clogged all public transportation, including the plane carrying Peter Maddock, her fiancé, home from the engineering conference in Philadelphia.
Meghan chided herself for not closing the shop early and heading home to the warmth of a fire. The floral arrangements for the Anderton wedding could wait. There would be plenty of time to finish them tomorrow for delivery on Saturday morning. But the thought of a white-knuckled drive and an empty bed just depressed her more, and she decided to stay and finish the rest; twenty centerpieces for the reception, eighteen pew markers, seven wrist corsages and fourteen boutonnières for the family. The bouquets were already complete.
So I thought I’d do a lazy woman’s thirteen this week. It’s shameless self-promotion again! Here’s thirteen reasons you should buy the second novella in the Tilling Passions series, Love’s Bounty.
1. It’s set in a rural town in Maine. And who doesn’t love Maine?
2. Deirdre, our heroine, was jilted by her lover… she’s given up on love and is now looking for some one night stands to satisfy that sexual itch.
3. Our hero, Ayden Scott is an undercover DEA agent. And really … tell the truth … you love alphabet guys!
4. Shawn Jameson is a very sexy bad guy! You want to hate him, but first you have to do a little drooling!
Okay … now you can hate the sleeze bucket!
5. It’s hot and steamy! What do you expect from a Nina Pierce title?
6. Deirdre is a landscaper who looks out for herself. But sometimes trouble she can’t handle comes in small packages.
7. It’s the second in the Tilling Passions series. You fell in love with Deirdre’s dad in Blind Love … but what’s going to happen to him this time around?
8. It’s an ebook. Not only is it a great deal and you’ll save money … but you’ll also save trees!
9. Anne Cain did the amazing cover. And who doesn’t want to frame Anne Cain’s drool-worthy cover? Okay, so maybe you won’t frame it … but I did! Is that TMI?
10. Baby needs new shoes! Oh, guilt won’t work? How about if I start crying and saying I’d really, really, REALLY like it if you bought my book. No? How about if I give you a CLICK HERE to buy button? Still no? Really, the tears won’t work? *sigh*
11. Did I mention there’s some very hot sex in this book? Oh, now that got your attention?
12. Even Mrs. Giggles, the reviewer, said it was a great suspense story. And she never says anything nice!
13. And if you still haven’t seen it … there’s an awesome book trailer for the series.
I am soooo excited to announce the winner of the “You’re Such a Character” contest is:
(I snagged this great picture of her off her “Flikr” images … I hope she forgives me.)
Mima was chosen at random from all the entrants in the “You’re Such a Character Contest“. Mima correctly answered the following questions from The Healer’s Garden.
1) Jahara has the power to heal, how does that power flow out of her?
The healing power flows out through a light in her palms.
2) What happened to the medical director of the Garden of Serenity, Gabriella Bresilee, that has made her so bitter toward men?
She was abused by men in her youth.
3) Why is Xylice Kilyl so important to Brenimyn?
She is a computer specialist and is Brenimyn’s sister. Shhh … that’s really a secret. 😀
4) What happened to Lukiam that made Jahara defy government policy?
Lukiam was wounded in a terrible farm accident.
5) What crime is Brenimyn accused of that could result in his death?
Brenimyn is accused of rape.
I am pleased to say the third novella of the Tilling Passions series, Arranging Love will be dedicated to her and of course she will receive a complimentary copy.
But the most fun…
Please look for Mima to have a “walk-on” role in Arranging Love with dialogue and everything!
I’m so excited! This has been a fun contest. Thank you to everyone who took the time to enter! I’m working on another contest … so stay tuned for the details!
Thank you to everyone who has joined in my release day celebration! And my DH picked a winner from the commenters …
Oh, who threw in some eye candy?
Ah hem, anyway, the winner…
sorry, these guys keep getting in the way …
… drum roll ..
… please …
Oh, dear, that’s the last one … I promise!
Where was I? Oh, DH picked a name …
to win a download…
The winner is … Mary Lou Loyanich! Congrats Mary Lou!!You have won a download of Blind Love.
Please email me at Nina @ NinaPierce . com (just remove the spaces) and let me know which format and where you’d like it emailed.
Come on over there and leave a comment and have another chance at winning a download of one of our books!
Also … don’t forget to leave a comment below and have a chance to win a download of “Blind Love“.
I love the morning after…