Whew! So how are you doing? The last week and a half has been a whirlwind of food, new clothing, boxes, food, wrapping paper, car trips, food, store receipts, family, and food… did I mention food? I’m sure, regardless of your holiday celebrations your head is dancing with the same images!
I hope it was all wonderful and blessed with happy times to add to your book of memories.
And now, the end to the holiday season is nearing. Whew. It’ll take my poor destroyed house weeks to recover, but in between all the picking up and taking down of Christmas decorations I’m going to open up that WIP of mine and finish my shifter story. My characters have been waiting in the wings only quietly mumbling that they are being ignored. But I woke up this morning with Zane, my newest cougar shifter, whispering in my ear that perhaps I could get my butt in the chair and allow him the opportunity to hit on that shifter heroine (oh, I am soooo not telling you her name 😉 ) he’s been quietly falling in love with.
Okay, Zane you get your wish! Oh, and just to give you a little taste of what I’m talking about. Here’s the hottie who’s inspired my latest hero …
Oh, yeah! Zane, I’m on my way ….
Welcome! You’ve made it to the beginning of the Liquid Silver Stocking Stuffer Give Away! All you need to do is follow Santa’s trail along nine other Liquid Silver Blogs. Including:
Leave a comment on each one at their Stocking Stuffer post and be eligible to win a stocking full of Liquid Silver ebooks! Because as you know, giving is so much better than receiving.
One year I gave my sister-in-law a really tacky gift and signed it from her sister. In the confusion of opening the gifts neither sister knew what to do when the gift was opened. The receiver thought “Umm… what do I say about this ugly thing?” and the giver thought “Why would my husband buy that for her?” Me? I was laughing my butt off. (As was my DH and the brother-in-law that I shared it with.) Really, it is a Christmas classic that I’m not sure I’ll ever be able to outdo.
So share with me in my comments (which are above this post) the favorite gift you gave or received and you’ll be entered for a chance to win a copy of The Healer’s Garden AND a chance at the grand prize (if you visit ALL of the Liquid Silver authors) … a stocking FULL of ebooks including the first novella in the Tilling Passions series, Blind Love.
And of course I couldn’t have you showing up to my blog without a little incentive. How about some calorie-free Christmas candy to reward your efforts?
So, I’m sitting here feeling guilty because I’m playing on my blog rather than pounding words out on my latest stories. Since the rest of the week on my blog showcases some of my author friends and of course my 13 list … I thought over the weekend I’d let you know what’s running through the mind of a writer.
Well, for the first time in 3 years I’m working on two books at the same time. I’ve never done this before, but ya know, it’s kinda fun. The one that’s really plugging along is another shifter story. Who woulda thunk when I decided to jump into an antho with Celia Kyle and Tina Holland over at LSB that I’d fall in love with these furry heroes? Okay, well I did.
I love the whole magic of shifting to wolf or cougar. Can you even imagine? Besides being beamed up by aliens … this is second on my list of waaaaay cool fantasies! LOL! TMI, I’m sure. 😉
The other story involves firefighters. After doing all that research at the local fire department I just absolutely fell in love with this profession. (Of course Shadows of Fire, my vampire erotica will be released by Liquid Silver Books in May 2009. Which is the original reason I did the research.) But really, what’s not to love? Hunky guys coming to save you. Do you think they’d respond if I told them my candle was burning? No, probably not. Such a shame.
So anyway, it’s snowing here in northern Maine. And yes, I realize it’s the end of November, still, this is depressing. I’ve avoided pulling out the boots, mittens, and winter jacket. Which is really stooopeed since it’s freeeezing! Anyway, I can’t avoid it any longer.
*sigh* Anyway, in order to assuage my writing guilt I need to open my WIP(s) and get some work done. My muse is tapping her foot. (She’s really pretty patient while I answer emails and post blogs, but when I finish … she insists I get down to work.) So off I go into the world of naughty shifters. Wish me luck. (And with some hard work I may have some news for you after the holiday.) 😀
Knock on the door and come on in! Do I have some candy and other treats for you!
Today, I’m coordinating my blog with several other Liquid Silver authors and offering you some real adult Halloween treats. We’re offering you “eye candy” and some wonderful ebooks.
Here’s my favorite candy to have with my morning coffee:
And then when I sit down for lunch I always enjoy a six pack with my sandwich:
Then I like to get some exercise in the afternoon and treat myself to more candy while I’m at it:
And after a hard day, I just like to settle in with a little candy to help me sleep better:
Sure I have a sweet tooth, but next to Dove chocolate, this is my favorite dessert! And I was happy to share those treats with you! Just leave me a comment and let me know when you like your candy best: in the morning, lunch, afternoon snack or in the evening.
I’ll be drawing one name at random from anyone who leaves me a comment before midnight Halloween night and they will win an e-copy of my futuristic erotic suspense novel, The Healer’s Garden.
If you visit all 9 blogs and comment on each of them, you will be eligible to win the grand prize: A wonderful inbox full of Liquid Silver e-books.
Enjoy your candy today! (If you get lost and can’t find your way, come on back and I’ll point you in the right direction!)
Sometimes my mind just doesn’t engage. And this is one of those weeks when I’m just not feeling it. So here’s a list of thirteen things I considered for my Thursday Thirteen, but just fell flat.
1. I really wanted to give you 13 reasons I hate the elections in the US. Okay, I totally came up with like 9 … mostly because I’m jealous of Canada who began their election season last month and finished it two days ago. They sooooo know how to do elections right!
2. Oh, the man and I have had one of those weeks … you know the ones. He talks. I talk. No one listens. Yeah, that sucks. I thought about writing a list of rules from the woman’s play book, but he doesn’t read it anyway … why bother?
3. Since it’s October I thought it would be fun to do a list of sexy ways to use a pumpkin. Sorry, besides this one … it just ain’t happening folks.
4. Since my latest WIP involves some bondage, I thought I’d entertain you with thirteen interesting ways to tie up your partner. But I couldn’t find enough interesting pictures. I’m thinking I need to get rid of the filter on my Google searches.
5. Well, speaking of WIP, I could have gone the whole cowboy route, because there’s cowboys in it also. But since I do that so often I was sure you wouldn’t want to see more of this …
6. Then I researched some cute Halloween costumes. But they all expected me to be this cute little size 3 … um, yeah … I was a size 3 once … in my dreams!
7. Then I wanted to list all the reasons I find the fall so depressing. But too many of you love this season. It just seemed so wrong. And when it looks this beautiful in Maine, how can I disagree?
8. We had a little kitten show up at our door last week and I forgot how much babies need attention. I’m loving having him here, but he’s all over my keyboard and begging for me to play with him and taking time from my writing. So I thought I’d show you 13 pictures of our new baby … but then I’d actually have to take them and that is soooo not happening! (This is not a picture of our new “Oliver”, but it’s really close … and if he looks like someone you lost … forget about asking for him back… he’s found a new home!)
9. Of course giving you a list of television programs I watch no matter what would be an easy one. IF I actually had 13 programs I watched. But with limited cable in northern Maine, besides “Survivor” and “Amazing Race” there’s not much more I watch during the week.
10. Then there’s the whole cliche of 13 of my favorite types of heros. But you’re so tired of me showing pictures of men in kilts … I just couldn’t do that to you again.
11. Lots of people tell you the songs on their IPod. This would require two things. 1) That I actually listen to music while I write and 2) that I own an IPod. I don’t do either. I’m such a geek!
12. Like all mothers, my children have been driving me insane. I love them, but sometimes I’d just like to give them a list of all the reasons they’re slowly sending me to the looney bin. I just don’t think they’d appreciate it!
13. And last but not least … I saved you from the 13 ugliest dogs I happened to catch on the Sunday morning news program. You just didn’t want to be subjected to that!