This week’s thirteen is compliments of Little Boy Blue who works at a local (sorta fast food) restaurant. It’s this cafeteria type place where you order and pay for your food and then it’s delivered to your table and there’s self-service drinks and salad bar.
In the three years he’s been there he’s worked himself up from dishwasher to grill-guy. (It’s a steak restaurant.) Though he often still has to fill in as the salad bar guy or take orders.
Anyway … here are thirteen things that annoy restaurant employees (umm … teenagers).
1. People who break plates or kids who spill soda. Then you have to clean it up with a bucket and mop and it’s just annoying.
2. When customers arrive 5 minutes before closing and order “the all you can eat” special.
3. Ordering steak tips at the end of the night when you’ve already cleaned both the pan and the grill.
4. Getting paid crap to do crap. (Umm … that’s a quote!)
5. Inability for customers to do anything on their own, like asking for a glass when they’re stacked next to the soda machine.
6. Nasty people who are angry at you … even when you’re not doing anything more than breathing in their direction.
7. People who leave money on the table as if they’re going to leave a tip, but then take it with them when they leave.
8. When you’re dumping the trash and the barrel bows and bounces back, pouring rotten food all over you.
9. When other people park in your “employee of the month” space (next to the door) because you work part time in the winter.
10. When you have no idea how to use the cash register, but you’re the only one near it when someone’s ready to cash out and you have to apologize and walk away.
11. When your manager asks you to do complex simple math in your head (like 4 X 343) and you do it because he can’t. (It’s just annoying.)
12. When you’re ready to punch out and they ask you to refill the tarter sauce (or the butter or whatever).
13. Dropping a plate in front of a loud group of older gentlemen who harangue and joke for the next hour while you work the dining area.