I’m pleased to say that Emma Sanders, author, CP and dear friend has gifted me with a blog award. This is a neat award because it’s not only a little kudo, it’s “blog with a purpose”. I’m not sure my blog is anymore than my personal ramblings, but I’m happy to think someone thinks it has a purpose! Emma’s one of my CPs and without her help, I’m sure I wouldn’t be a published author. She’s been wonderful reading through and critiquing all my stuff (and one of my last books had a minor hole in the plot and she found it!)and I love her for it!
The rules are:
1. nominate 5 blogs which haven’t had this award before (I thought this would be difficult, but I’m having a really hard time choosing only 5 *sigh*)
2. each of the blogs must have a purpose
3. the nominated blogs must make a link back to this page
4. the logo from the award must be put on their blog and it must link back to this blog!
But you know me, I never follow the rules. I’m going to give you links to 5 wonderful blogs and I hope you enjoy going there. I will not however, wrestle the authors and ask them to link back here or post to 5 other blogs. Mostly because I’m breaking another rule. I’m linking to more than 5 blogs and a couple of them already had this award.
1. Tip of the Quill – Jennifer Linforth is the author of the upcoming “Madrigal” series. Her first book is a continuation of the Phantom of the Opera and is due out from Highland Press in the fall of 2008. She blogs on wonderful historical topics and LOTS of phantom information. She’s also one of CPs who keeps me on track. I’m not sure I could do this whole publishing thing without her in my corner.
2. Under and Over – Denise Rosetti is a multi-published author from Australia who always has wonderful writing snippets or just fun stuff on her blog. I love going “down” there to visit. She’s just a very neat lady and willing to share herself with new writers like me!
3. Alien Barbeque – April Martinez is head of the art department over at Liquid Silver Books. I love visiting her blog because she always posts the beautiful book covers she has designed for LSB and other publishers. The woman is very talented. (I would have linked to Anne Cain, my very talented cover artist, but she doesn’t have an active blog … both very talented ladies!)
4. Roxy’s Flog Blog – Roxy Harte is a very talented erotic author. She’s helped me on more than one occasion with information on certain scenes involving bondage. But, I don’t want you to get the wrong idea … on her blog she shares her personal struggles and triumphs in publication. It’s just fun to pop over there and see what she’s up to.
5. MS is a crappy disease that can really drag people down. But there is nothing more uplifting than visiting the blogs of people with this disease that get up every morning, smile at the world, and keep going despite their disability. Mima’s Doings and Disabled Not Dead are two such wonderful woman who persevere despite their circumstances.
6. The Redneck Romance Writer – (I told you I couldn’t just pick 5) Jennifer Leeland (McKenzie) is a awesome writer I met through Liquid Silver. She has a wicked sense of humor and a heart the size of Texas. I visit her blog nearly every day. (Don’t yell at me Jen … I know I should be writing the sequel to “Healer’s” … but sometimes you’re too much fun to hang around!)
And Mima is so sweet, she gave me another award “You Make My Day” for my blog, but try as I might, I can’t get the picture to post… you all will just have to believe me! Really … she did!
6 Responses to Blog Awards