Sorry I’ve been out of the blogging loop this week. I’ve actually been editing and writing… yay me! Thanks to Denise for filling in this week. But I clawed my way out of my dark cave of manuscripts long enough to post my Thursday Thirteen. Even came up for air a little early, but I figure you’ll forgive me.
Sometimes I just need a pick-me-up and often the antics of my 17 year old son, Little Boy Blue, and the trouble he gets himself into just make me laugh. So (hopefully) for your entertainment, I’ve enlisted his help in letting you know the thirteen things he finds amusing…
1. Rude Public Nudity – of others, especially friends. As in mooning another guy from the passenger seat of your buddy’s car or hoe-downs (the pulling down of someone else’s pants, preferably in the school hall and in front of some cute girls).
2. Mascots fighting – the more furry and loveable the better. Imagine Mickey Mouse wrestling Winnie-the-Pooh.
3. Trying to explain new math to his parents who were both science majors and actually did well in college Calculus.
4. Controlled burns – Like GermX (gel hand sanitizer) squirted at a burning match then the entire bottle catching on fire. Probably funny only because no one got hurt and several other male 17 year olds had more GermX to add to the conflagration. (The resulting mass of plastic sits proudly displayed on son’s shelf.) Note to self: Don’t send hand sanitizer on school trips.
5. YouTube videos in other languages. Whether it be songs or parodies of presidential candidates… viewing them causes riotous laughter. The more bizarre the language, the greater the hilarity. German makes him roll on the floor. The fact is… YouTube in general (except for his mother’s booktrailers) is a great source of entertainment.
6. Using a make-shift slingshot to stick pencils into ceiling tiles at school.
7. Bunsen burners + just about anything = hours of hilarity. (See number 4)
8. Chuck Norris jokes – For instance: Some people wear Superman pajamas… Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. OR Chuck Norris has already been to Mars; that’s why there are no signs of life there. OR When the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris. There are more, but Little Boy Blue was laughing too hard to be understood.
9. Any Blend-tech “Will it blend?” Video. Please view video.
10. Names randomly yelled out in crowds then ignoring anyone who turns around.
11. Pretending you’re the voice message when an annoying girl calls your cellphone.
12. Southpark the cartoon – Mostly because parents find it so dang annoying.
13. Videos of males on bicycles, skateboards, and rollerblades who fall and crush the family jewels. (Okay, so those weren’t his exact words.)
Regardless of age, kids are just generally amusing. Please feel free to add favorite gems from neices, nephews, friend’s children or straight from the mouths of your own precious bundles.